Velosimo is a Govtech company. Check out the bios for the founder that created the company and the people that work for Velosimo. We take it very seriously as each of us has a passion for helping government agencies. We are looking for someone who shares that passion. In this role it will be critical for you to help articulate the value of our solutions both in customer settings and with the development team. Direct experience with government software systems such as the ones listed on our marketplace is not required, but desirable.
We are focused, growing, and looking forward to finding the right person to help us continue to provide value to government agencies and their citizens.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will be hands-on, working directly with both leadership, product, customer, and the engineering team to make rapid improvement in both internal as well as consumer-facing applications. You should be able to look at the direction the company is going and help come up with a long-term plan that leads us to success. The Technical Product Manager role will be responsible for managing development across our platform and our connectors. From research and requirement development to Go To Market execution, this role includes all aspects of taking SaaS products to the Govtech market.
What you’ll do
- Research Use Cases and market viability
- Create/manage requirements for development
- Work directly on our consumer facing and enterprise products, testing and iterating on improvements that drive value
- Review development for quality and usability.
- Actively participate in the ideation and execution of the product roadmap
- Ensure the continuous improvement of engineering and product processes, such as high-quality automated testing , documentation, and customer communications, etc.
- Support Customer Success and Sales Operations
- Communicate well across a range of audiences, from a small team to large enterprise customers.
- Work independently and solve tough problems with little guidance
Technologies used here:
- Rest/SOAP APIs
- Ruby on Rails
- 5-8 years of professional SaaS software experience as Product Manager or Success/Support engineer.
- Hands-on experience administering enterprise level platform software.
- Strong communication skills to be used in both internal and external communications.
Nice to have
- Experience as Product Manager, Technical Product Manager, Customer Support Engineer, or Customer Success Manager
- Experience with esri and any Govtech software vendors.
- Strong interest in learning and developing processes and practices around development and Go To Market operations.
- The drive to act and own high-impact projects from day one
- Mentor and lead by example to team members through pairing sessions, architecture input, proactive communication
- Experience working with government entities
- Prior experience in startup environments delivering high-quality solutions